There were two Clarence stations:
The first Clarence station opened in 1869 and was closed on 16-Oct-1910 when the Zig Zag was bypassed with the ten tunnel deviation. This station was the highest in NSW at an altitude of 3658 feet (1115 m).
The second Clarence station was opened on 16 Oct 1910, and consisted of two side platforms. It was visible from the Chifley Road overpass over the railway. The second Clarence station was closed on 21 Sept 1974.
Beginning in 1975, the Zig Zig Railway began reconstruction of the Zig Zag railway between the current Zig Zag station and the first Clarence station. A replica of the original station on the original site now serves as the main entry point for the Zig Zag Railway.
Motorists & cyclists turn off for:
Oakbridge Ltd operate the nearby Clarence
Clarence station on Wikipedia…
NSWrail.net article on Clarence first station…
NSWrail.net article on Clarence second station…