News: Trains Trams and Model Ts 2017
“Showcasing transport in the 1920s” this event returned in conjunction with the Roaring 20s and all that Jazz Festival.
Valley Heights Locomotive Depot Heritage Museum was open to the public for an extra day in February as part of the "Roaring 20s and all that Jazz" festival.
Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 saw the return of the popular "Trains, Trams & Ts" event at the Museum, with all the regular attractions including Trains large & small and unlimited 20 minute rides on the Heritage Listed Steam Tram.
Special happenings included, on both days:.
- view Ford Model T cars from the 1920s;
- enter the Period Dress Competition* (open to all) with FOUR great prizes;
- kids can join the Historic Classroom re-enactment and
learn the “Three Rs” – old style;
- marvel at the demonstration by the Sydney Morsecodians
as they revive the nearly lost 19th century art of Morse Code
- On Sunday, get fired up (or relax) with three follow up performances by the well-known Mountains band, the Kate Woolfe Trio as they perform their smooth renditions of 1920s classic jazz numbers.