News: The Valley Heights mixed
Reliving the days of small country branch lines, where mixed trains consisted of freight wagons and a passenger carriage.
The Valley Heights mixed consists of:
- Locomotive 0-6-0 Saddle Tank 'Stevo' was built by Robert Stephenson & Co in 1899 and worked at the Portland Cement Works north west of Lithgow from 1907 until preserved in 1974. [More details about Stevo]
- The S truck was the most common 4 wheel open type goods wagon found on the NSWGR system for over 50 years. They were introduced into regular service in late 1906. Some lasted until the 1980s in regular service.
- The 'American' LFA car has heritage significance as one of relatively few surviving examples of the 'American' style end-platform cars of the late nineteenth century which were a common type of railway passenger vehicle on the NSW railway system.
Catch a ride on the Valley Heights mixed — check when the mixed is running.