Valley Heights Locomotive Depot Heritage Museum
News: 2014 Seniors Week Program: Monday 10 March 2014
- Seniors Week Special Package
- 17b Tusculum Road, Valley Heights
- 11.00 a.m. (until approx. 2.00 p.m.)
- $15 (includes guided museum tour, sausage sandwich & cold drink)
- Valley Heights Locomotive Depot Heritage Museum
- Email keieil40 [AT] gmail.com or 4751 4174 by Thursday 6th March
- To commemorate Seniors Week and to celebrate the 100th birthday of the Valley Heights
Locomotive Depot, the board of management of the museum extends a warm welcome
to Seniors Card holders to join us for a special open day.
In this, our centenary year, we are pleased to be able to share our remarkable new
exhibits with our mature age visitors, who will enjoy a guided tour of all the amazing
sights and sounds of the glory days when the Railway Depot was “home” to 80 employees.
Meet the “Retirees Group” which meets monthly to carry out important work in the maintenance,
repair and restoration of the rolling stock and the heritage listed Depot which was a
vital element of Blue Mountains history and development.
A cold drink and freshly barbecued sausage will refresh our new friends before an inspection of the new
five metre long scale model of the Valley Heights Depot as it was in the 1950s.
As you leave, a parting gift, a complimentary voucher offering 10% off the regular price of a family
visit later in the year.
Please note that enclosed, flat footwear is recommended.
Bookings are essential (by 6th March, please)