|Blue Mountains History Plaza
|Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia
Australian History - Blue Mountains
- Blue Mountains as a Sanatorium
- From a c1900 tourist guide: how the Mountains can benefit your
health. Makes some interesting claims based on medical opinions of the day.
- Crossing the Blue Mountains
- Were Blaxland, Lawson & Wentworth
really the first?
- Learn about John Wilson, Francis Barrallier, George Caley
- George Evans reaches Bathurst
- William Cox builds the first road.
- Engineer's Track - Grose River Gorge
- A proposed rail route, army engineers, & neglectful superiors!
- Exploration & Development of the Blue
- A chronological index with links.
- Fairfax Residence
- Built in 1876 in Mt Victoria, became Coopers Hotel in 1888. Photo.
- Giant Stairway, Katoomba
- Descend 300m into the Jamison Valley.
- Map of Katoomba Bushwalks
- Dated 1894. Also shows cable tramway and coal mine.
- Mitchell's Bridge
- Victoria Pass, Mt Victoria. Opened 1832. Historic photo.
- Mt Wilson
- Brief background and historic photo of old Post Office.
- Museums & Galleries
- Come & see how our ancestors lived.
- Railway Pages
- A guide to historic railway sites in the Blue Mountains region,
- Glow Worm Tunnel on the
abandoned Wolgan Valley Railway.
- Hartley Vale shale mining works.
Map, historic photos.
Katoomba Cable Tramlines Map, historic photo.
- Kerosene shale mining. Photo.
Lapstone Hill railway routes. Photos, recent &
Lithgow Zig Zag. Photos, recent & historic; historic
- Wolgan Valley Railway Historic
- Schools in the Blue Mountains
- Public & independent schools in the Blue Mountains.
- Six Foot Track
- Constructed as a bridle track from Katoomba to Jenolan Caves.
- Western Wall
- History of road & railway routes down the western escarpment.
- Woodford Academy
- Oldest building in the Blue Mountains. Illustration.
Railway Station and surrounds. Date appears to be 1906. Note the Railway Hotel, and the
large establishment which is the Coffee Palace. The council chambers now occupies the
Coffee Palace site. The cable is probably for telegraph. Can anyone supply more
information? E-mail us.
Mountains City Library - Local Studies Collection
Can You Help?
Can you help to build the Blue Mountains History
Plaza? Additions and corrections are welcome, as are the URL's of other non-commercial
Blue Mountains historical information sites. See Add
Owners of commercial Web sites should click here to find out about getting a link to your
site. We can also build a Web site for your business.
E_mail David at: email@example.com
Blue Mountains, near Sydney, New
South Wales (NSW), Australia.